Wind charger mounted on a boat
Mounting a wind charger on a boat, are most often made furthest aft and typically on a tube/pole mounted on the sea rail. It’s also sometimes seen, mounted in the mast, but it has some drawbacks.
Marine mounting kit for a wind charger aft.
The easiest and by far the most common way, is to buy a solution with your wind charger (wind charger and pole must match!). When you buy a Rutland wind charger from Energig, you always get offered a pole solution that fits your wind charger.
The mounting solution is attach to the …
The top of pole are prepared for the wind charger and cables are routed inside the pole.
We have 4 marine solutions for various mills:
- Marine wind turbine installation for Rutland 504 and 504 e-furl.
- Marine wind turbine installation for Rutland 914i
- Marine wind turbine installation XL for Rutland 914i and Rutland in 1200 (2.7 meter)
- Marine wind turbine installation XXL for Rutland 914i and Rutland in 1200 (3 meter meter, in one piece)
Mounting on rack with solar panels aft.
If you have a rack for your solar panels aft. it is a good idea to put your wind charger on the same rack.
Since there are as many solar racks, as there are both, it is impossible for us to make a standard solution that fits all.
What we have done is that we have ready-made stainless steel pipes that are ready to mount the wind charger on at one end and the other end you need to find a good place to get fixed. Remember that the wind charger must be able to freely rotate 360 degrees around.
These pipes are available:
- Stainless steel pipes for 914i Rutland and Rutland 1200. 1200mm
- Stainless steel pipes for 914i Rutland and Rutland 1200. 600mm
- Stainless steel pipes for Rutland and Rutland 504 504 e-furl. 1000mm
- Stainless steel pipes for Rutland and Rutland 504 504 e-furl. 500mm
Installation of the wind charger in the mast
You can also install the wind charger in the mast. We would not recommend it because it can be difficult to maintain. you may need to tie the wings in a heavy storm or in severe weather rakes its mounting loose and suddenly hangs and is a danger to crew and ship.
Therefore we have decided not to sell a solution for wind charger installation in the mast.
Here is an overview of the solutions you can get from Energig:
No products were found matching your selection.